SAN DIEGO HAND SPECIALISTS CARE OF THE HAND & UPPER EXTREMITY PRE-OPERATIVE INFORMATION
In order to make your visit to the hospital/clinic as pleasant and convenient as possible for you, please follow these instructions:
1) Do not eat, drink or smoke anything 8 hours prior to surgery, unless directed by your physician. No chewing gum, mints or anything that will make you produce saliva. You may brush your teeth, but spit out the water afterwards.
Someone from the surgery center may call you to decide if you should take any of your medications in the morning with a small sip of water.
2) All patients under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
3) Arrange for someone to drive you to and from the hospital. You will not be permitted to drive immediately following your surgery.
4) Please notify us if you develop a fever, rash or cold, or if you have any cuts or scratches on the area to be operated, as your surgery may be postponed.
5) Report to the surgery facility prior to your surgery time as directed. At the time of your pre-operative visit, the facility will give you the exact time to check in for your surgery.
6) Write down any questions that you might have to discuss with your surgeon regarding your surgery at the time of your pre-operative appointment. Specific instructions will be given toyou at the time of your pre-operative appointment.
7) Non-constricting clothing is advised. Leave all jewelry and valuables at home or with your family.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE AT 858-715-9200